Wasp Nest Removal in Twyford
Local family run business offering a professional guaranteed wasp removal treatment in Twyford, business and residential - same day call out and competitive prices.
Wasp nest removal in Twyford -guaranteed, competitive wasp treatments
Do you have a wasp problem in Twyford?
Wasps, Pest or Pollinator?
Both is the answer to the question. Wasps support the environment as pollinators and they play an important part in sustaining our eco system, saying this we have all experienced their annoying and aggressive behavior as an unwelcome pest at the all-important family and friends social events, the BBQ , the family picnic, a trip to the zoo and school events, as with most things in life, it’s all about balance and we all need to be well informed about all aspects of the existence of these creatures. There are more species of wasp like insects and even more undiscovered than any species of mammal or species of ant.
Wasps as Pollinators – Like bees and ants, wasps play an important role in supporting our ecosystem. Wasps are pollinators like some species of ants and of course the bee, however saying this they are not as effective, flower pollen is less likely to stick to their bodies and move from flower to flower unlike the bee, as well documented with fewer numbers of bees now recorded we will need the wasp as a key player in pollinating our flowers and crops, this is a key consideration when you look at the future of the planet and global economy. Twyford is a quaint village in Berkshire home to farms, fields and areas of beauty to roam, key to this we need the wasp to continue pollinating these areas.
Pollination is more scientific than just sight and smell, wasps and bees also use electricity to their advantage, pollinating flowers in Twyford and globally. The ability of wasps and bees to detect the electrical field around a plant can give them information such as the shape of the petal and even if another pollinating insect has visited the plant or crop to collect pollen, the atmosphere around the plant carries a negative charge where the air around it remains positive, the movement of the wasp can even cause the pollen to ‘jump’ to the wasps body without touching the plant.
It has been well documented that a world without wasps would be catastrophic to the existence of our planet Earth and mankind, wasps protect farmers crops and even some species of plant from extinction and indeed, as a whole, the world’s economy. Wasps as friend or enemy, click on this link to make your mind up.
Call us now for same day wasp removal in Twyford
Wasps as Pests – Right across Twyford during the late Spring and early Summer wasps are a lesser problem, simply because they are just busy building and sustaining their nest and going about their daily routine. During these months they are more attracted to protein-based foods, largely other insects they predate and generally as the weather becomes warmer the BBQ is an optimum situation with meat-based foods being cooked for us and them to consume.
During the latter months of the summer and early Autumn their appetite changes to a sweeter tooth, foods such as fizzy drinks, beer, wine and fruit, apples, plums amongst many, this is the time when wasps become more aggressive and a time when pest control should be considered.
We are now talking about wasps as pests in Twyford, pests that cause panic when we should all be enjoying ourselves and if you are unlucky the victim of a painful sting. Added to the general fear and anxiety that some people experience is the serious situation of medical allergies and at its worst, anaphylaxis. This is a serious allergic reaction that can be life threatening and could be fatal, for more information on this please follow this link
Wasps nest removal in Twyford - hornet treatment also available.
We need wasps but how can we co-habit with them and reduce their impact on our routine and social activities?
There are practical steps we can all take to enable us to reduce the impact they have on us when we are going about our daily work and home-life.
• Wasps are attracted to the colours of yellow and white but cannot see red unlike the bull, when thinking about your outfit for a social gathering, this is something you may want to think about, as is the use of fragrant beauty products which also wasps are attracted to.
• When enjoying a BBQ or picnic, keep foods covered where possible and ensure there are no food remains left about, these will bring unwanted attention from wasps but also flies and other insects such as ants, another pest common in the summer.
• Pick fruit from your trees as soon as they are ripe and take indoors, pick up any fallen fruit, check your drinks before taking a sip, this could potentially be what saves you from a painful sting on the mouth or face.
• Be aware of the condition of your property in Twyford and consider any maintenance that may reduce the chance of a nest in and around your home/workplace. Check areas, barns, rooflines, lofts, soffits and facias, fill in where possible and call Maidenhead Pest Control if you believe you have a nest.
• European wasps create their nests in areas such as hedges and bushes at a much lower level than our native species, these wasps are more aggressive than the average wasp and many farmers, outdoor workers and keen gardeners have been stung simply by disturbing the nest when going about maintaining their land and property.
• Wasps are attracted to light, if you are popping up to your loft do not turn the light on immediately, listen for activity, if it all sounds quiet then proceed to turn the light on and then visually check for any signs of nests. Sometimes it’s helpful to put the loft light on and wait ten minutes before entering, if you discover wasps in your loft contact a local pest control company for advice and the way forward for treatment, check your company of choice in terms of reviews, Checkatrade, Little Green Book some of your options.
Wasp problems in Twyford - self help tips
• Unwashed containers waiting for recycling present opportunities for wasps and other pests to feast on, wash any containers before placing in your recycling containers.
• Keen gardener, plant species that repel wasps and not attract them, easier said than done, we are drawn to fragrant flowers and so are wasps, after all they are pollinators as we mentioned previously. Balance is the key, peppermint, essential oils such as Thyme, Eucalyptus and Citronella candles around the garden and home will also help to deter the wasps in the area.
• Commercially available are wasp traps that you can hang around your garden or place of business, readily available online, click on this link for more information.
Wasps nest treatment in Twyford - how we do it
Wasp nest removal in Twyford.
First step contact Maidenhead Pest Control - 01628 302048 or 07967360000
Our professional and experienced staff will advise you on what immediate action you need to take and book a convenient time, same day for our technician to come out and resolve your wasp or hornet problem.
On site survey.
Our technician will attend your property as soon as possible; for wasp nest removals in Twyford we aim to provide a same day service. Our qualified technician will discuss with you the way forward and then proceeds with the treatment; powerful pesticides are applied which will eradicate the wasp problem within a matter of hours.
The wasp nest treatments are guaranteed and in the unlikely event activity has not been completely stopped, we will re-attend to see how best to retreat the nest.
The technician will wait to see how the wasps are reacting to the pesticides that they have used, during this time they will carry out a thorough survey of your property searching for smaller, un-detected nests. It’s very common that the larger nest is the one that’s noticed while smaller and not so heavily populated nests remain unknown.
Any additional nests that have been discovered by our technicians will be included in the original wasp removal treatment, when these are treated, you’ll be wasp free with at no additional cost; these nests are also included in our guarantee.
Usually our technicians will treat the nest with a licensed pesticide and remove it from your property. The pesticide we use is a strong powder form chemical or a strong aerosol spray, once the wasp nest is dead it can be cut down and removed in heavy duty chemical resistant bags for disposal via hazardous waste collection.
Q: How many wasps in the average wasp’s nest?
A: Each nest can vary in size; nests generally accommodate between 3000 – 6000 wasps but can be large enough to hold up to 10,000 wasps.
Q: Where do wasps make their nests?
A: The most common places to find wasps nests are in trees, bushes, wall cavities, eaves, soffits and in lofts, however there are reports of wasp nests being found in the most unusual of places including old redundant items in gardens and outbuildings.
Q: Do wasps die after they have stung you?
A: Unfortunately not, they can continue to sting and even do so in their death throes, this can mean the victim has been subject to multiple stings rather than just one, an application of vinegar and ice will help any swelling, itching and pain, however this may last for up to a week.
Q: How do I know if I have bees or wasps?
A: It can sometimes be difficult to identify the difference between bees and wasps as there are many species and different behaviours, if unsure you can click on the following link to try and identify the species you have and contact your pest control provider for more advice.
We deal with wasps nests across Twyford, Hurst and the surrounding areas in two ways; firstly by the application of an insecticidal powder directly into the nest, or by using a liquid treatment where we break the nest up as we spray. No matter which method we choose, we guarantee that activity will stop within 24 hours of the treatment. As a treated wasp nest reacts a certain way and our technician will stay with you to monitor the activity, while they’re with you they will search for any other wasp nests. It is common to have a large wasp nest that has been adversely affecting a smaller nest in the vicinity; remove the large nest only and the smaller one will now spring into life. We do not charge you for additional nests as these are all part of our commitment to customer service – our customers are our priority, and when it comes to wasp nest removal in Twyford you won’t get stung by our prices.
Guaranteed wasp nest treatments from Maidenhead Pest Control
Call Maidenhead Pest Control for a professional solution to your wasp or hornet problem.
Maidenhead Pest Control provides a free telephone consultation if you think you have a wasp or hornet problem.
To let us solve your pest problem, call us today on 01628 30 20 48. We will attend to any call out within 24 hours of receiving the telephone call with qualified and fully insured technicians for your peace of mind.